Topband: FCC HF actions

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: FCC HF actions
From: jon.zaimes at dol.net (Jon Zaimes AA1K)
Date: Wed Mar 5 17:12:54 2003
Looks like we will be seeing more radionavigation signals in the 1900-2000 kHz
segment:

"20. In order to protect the technical integrity of the AM Expanded Band, we
are deleting from the U.S. Table the U.S. Government and non-U.S. Government
secondary radiolocation allocation in the band 1605-1705 kHz.  We find that
these radiolocation operations can be relocated to the band 1900-2000 kHz
without significant impact to current operations.  Consistent with this action,
we are removing the band 1605-1705 kHz from the Radiolocation Service Frequency
Table in Section 90.103 of our Rules and deleting unneeded assignment
limitations."

Also, in the table at the end, it only lists the amateur segment in the U.S. as
1800-1900. No mention (or footnote) of secondary use of 1900-2000 kHz. Is this
a change or is there a footnote somewhere else that covers this?

73/Jon AA1K