Topband: Re: Topband digest, Vol 1 #497 - 16 msgs

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Re: Topband digest, Vol 1 #497 - 16 msgs
From: g3lzq@john-dunnington.freeserve.co.uk (John Dunnington)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 18:12:12 -0000
Josef EA6ACC wrote
..! If someone uses cluster, and see a
nice DX there, there are much more possibilities to get it than others
without packet conection. Otherwise, if you have to find by yourself (the
goal of the contest?) the best QSOs, like people did in the past, you
probably go over the DX frecuency and miss it. Not a problem if a station
out of the contest spots someone in it, people must not know rules for every
contest, but why people IN a contest with no packet cluster permit use it..?
snip..

Josef I can confirm you were spotted several times during the "Stu Perry"
and you will have had the benefit of those spots as we say in UK "Like it or
not" but only by default.

I was a participant part time only due to family visiting and I was spotted
in error (busted) I think
by Kevin NL7Z just before our dawn and yes I dont need KL7 but on a local
basis we have in UK an "In Year CW Table Fun Competition" which KL7 would
have been a new one in 2002 to add to the 105 Countries worked in 2002 on
160m. I came on to give others Grid IO93 which maybe would not have been
active during the test.

So far as conditions went the band appeared noisy and since I do not benefit
from receiving antennas I am stuck with my 90ft Top/Base loaded Vertical I
perhaps notice noisy conditions. However what was very evident was that at
dawn the VE3's had much stronger signals compared to anything from USA or
maybe W1BB NB1B and also VY2ZM were all in the QRP/LP sections? Having said
all that signals at 21z from the Middle East had to be the best hrd for some
time A45/A92/A61 all being very strong in UK. Nothing hrd from VK/JA but
JT1CO was good copy and 4X3N was worked at 1520z some 45mins before our
sunset.

I will submit a check log if only to verify those QSO's which are in
entrants log's. inc EA6ACC

73 John.