Topband: 5R8FU

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 5R8FU
From: W8UVZ@voyager.net (George Taft)
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 09:29:28 -0500
Ake has been quite active on the low bands over the holidays.  Midwest
US (and other areas) enjoyed a particularly good opening on Thursday eve
with 5R8FU banging S9 into our area on 1834.  Many got a new country, we
are sure.

He tells us he will try again on Sunday eve (Monday in Africa) starting
about 0150Z until his sunrise (abt 0220Z now).  And I assume there will
be more tries until after the new year holiday.

Ake has been pleased with the response and behavior on both 160 and 80
M.

He usually moves to 3513 after sunrise and has been heard until 0300Z!
Signals on 80 are very good.

Good luck.  Hope you catch a new one

73  George  W8UVZ