Topband: Signal on 1907.2

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Signal on 1907.2
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 20:37:00 -0500
> For the past several days I have been hearing a moderately strong
> hum-modulated carrier on 1907.2 kHz.  It is inaudible during the day
> and there is fading on the signal, so it is apparently not spurious
> radiation from some local consumer electronic junk.  Early this
> evening, I thought I could  hear faint broadcas audio beneath the hum,
> so it could be a spur from a BC station.  Has anyone else heard this
> signal?

It is definitely a BC station parasitic, and it is strong but appears
to be at least a few hundred miles from me because directivity is
very good on both verticals and beverages.

As near as I can tell it is between 330 and 345 degrees true from my
location. I'm about 30 miles north of Macon just west of I-75.

>From my place that would inside a line running approximately NNW east
of Nashville and Minneapolis and west of Chicago.

If anyone else can give a direction, e-mail me and maybe we can find
them. I have always  been able to get an audio match between the
spurious and a BC station in the BC band, but that can several take
hours without eliminating possible choices.73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com