Topband: 160 Meter Propagation & Weather

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160 Meter Propagation & Weather
From: kn4lf@tampabay.rr.com (Thomas Giella, KN4LF)
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 10:55:27 -0500
At 01:24 PM 10/29/02 -0500, Thomas Giella, KN4LF wrote:

...Professional scientific study of this effect has been conducted by E.S.
Kazimirovsky and V.D. Kokourov of the Solar Terrestrial Physics Institute at
Irkutsk, Russia
http://iszf.irk.ru/ Their extensive research on the subject (((((is touched
upon))))) in a published paper
in the English version of  science magazine Geomagnetism and Aeronomy, Vol
35, No 3,
December 1995...

Thomas KN4LF Says:
   In my previous post on the subject I noted that the above named gentlemen
"touched" upon the subject. The concept
of the phenomena concerning MF propagation refraction via temperature and
moisture discontinuity is there, it's just in and abstract form with the
stratospheric warming D/Ds layer propagation anomaly and you have to be
familiar with atmospheric physics on a non hobby level to identify it. I
will be getting get in contact with the gentlemen to see if I can garner any
more info on the subject that they may have published. I'll also be
searching for any research data from U.S. Government research on the subject
that might now be in the public domain.
  At this moment I'm in the research and data collection mode concerning MF
and LF wave propagation and their interaction with stratospheric and
tropospheric meteorological effects including lightning, gravity waves, etc.
and will
publish the data in G & A and also in book form in approximately two years.
It's a not for profit endeavor.

73,
Thomas Giella,
KN4LF