Topband: Full Moon, Oct 21-Questions

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Full Moon, Oct 21-Questions
From: k6se@juno.com (k6se@juno.com)
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 09:17:44 -0700
Don, W7DD wrote:

"The reflected energy(light, etc.) generated by the sun and reflected by
the full moon back on to the dark ionosphere causes a slight ionization
of the F layer."
What topbander needs more F-layer ionization at night???!!  Wouldn't it
be nice if the MUF got down to 2 MHz once in a while?

As Wolf, DF2PY stated, the moon has a very low albedo and whatever little
energy is reflected from it is scattered every which-way into space and
not beamed back to Earth.

Anyway, in all my years on topband, I've never noticed any effect on 160m
propagation coinciding with the phases of the moon.

73, de Earl, K6SE