Topband: Radials

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Radials
From: DXyiwta@aol.com (DXyiwta@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 11:09:56 EDT
I read about the quest for radial wire. See my QST article on page 38 of the
December 1995 issue and further to that, my articles in CQ Jan and Jun 1997.
The diameter of the radial wire makes a tremendous difference  concerning
ground loss. I've sed small gauge (#20 etc), but to do it right, use old coax
braid (still in the coax). You can usually find miles of discarded video
cable that may be free or cheap. Just leave it in the insulated jacket and
solder to the braid.

73 de Tim,  W9QQ