Topband: A Very Special Topband Occasion.....

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: A Very Special Topband Occasion.....
From: ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca (Mike & Coreen Smith)
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 20:07:40 -0400
Jeff,

I can certainly relate.

A few years ago my wife and I took a drive around N.S. and one of the places
on our roadmap to stop at was the "VE1ZZ"
QTH.  I am mostly into 6m, but do dabble in TopBand from time to time. Jack
is mostly into TopBand but dabbles in most other bands I think.

 Unfortunately our timing was stinko and we arrived at Jack's place about an
hour or so before sunset.  Still, he took me to the shack first thing and EU
was already workable (sun still well above the horizon)
We took a LONG walk up the hill and far into his property. (I just forget
how many acres he said he had).  I won't spoil the visit
for you, but suffice to say he's got GOBS of wire in the hills.  It wouldn't
be an exaggeration to say "miles" of wire, coax and ground radials for sure.
He was a super host and we had a very nice, memorable visit.  We walked back
in near darkness down to the shack and I found my wife and his sitting
having a cup of tea, chatting like ol' pals.

You'll love the VE1ZZ antenna farm and his hospitality.

A gentleman to be sure!

73 de Mike VE9AA