Topband: Re: Topband: Shielded, Balanced Flag

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Re: Topband: Shielded, Balanced Flag
From: i4jmy@iol.it (i4jmy@iol.it)
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 09:39:53 +0200
The balance in a shielded loop is real because the turn inside the loop
couples to the inside of the shield only.
On the other hand, the shielded loop suffers by distributed capacitance
and extra losses whose effects aren't both desired (I'd say not
tolerable) with antennas that are already inefficient.
Incidentally, the shielded loop works when the signal to be notched is
E-field dominant but its practical advantage is probably limited to
this event.

73,
Mauri I4JMY