Topband: Silent Feedline for RX antennas

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Silent Feedline for RX antennas
From: k4kyv@hotmail.com (Donald Chester)
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 19:55:17 +0000

>From: k3ky@erols.com

>there might be problems of an electrical/
>mechanical nature. Unlike single insulated wires, which are
>easily  twisted together in pairs, trios, etc., I think you would
>be doing very well to get even 6 to 8 twists per foot, i.e. less than
>one twist per inch using RG-58/59 coax. Would that be enough?

I have seen rolls of "double barrel" coax at hamfests.  It has two separate
parallel inner conductors instead of one. Sort of like shielded twin lead.
I forget the RG number, but it might be a better bet than twisting two
coax's together.  Does anyone know if they still make the stuff, and any
available sources?

Don K4KYV