Topband: 4U1UN and VP9 activity

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 4U1UN and VP9 activity
From: w2pm@aol.com (w2pm@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 11:23:59 -0400
In weekend visits to NYC I stay at the UN Plaza hotel directly across the
street and have a great view of the roof and the antennas. Back in April there
was a very sickly looking vertical, about 30' section of tower with a broken
yagi, coax dangling and a long dipole across the roof line north-south in the
longest path possible across the bldg.. If thats not a 160 dipole its an 80 at
worst and probably can be readily feed as a Marconi with a counterpoise on the
roof or something..  I know a local W2/JA who is a member and will call him
about this and post back to the reflector re getting that station for the
contestss. 73 Pete