Topband: salt the ground?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: salt the ground?
From: K4MK@triad.rr.com (Kent Miller)
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 18:08:55 -0400
According to the ARRL Antenna Book,  6 th edition, published 1954 ----

" the circular trench ( surrounding the ground rod ) is filled with rock
salt, magnesium sulfate, or copper sulfate, put in dry and then flooded
with water. The chemicals increase the conductivity of the ground and
thus reduce the losses from current flow. "

So, according to that, I' d say " go for it ", Howard.

73,
Kent - K4MK