Topband: Re: Topband digest, Vol 1 #331 - 3 msgs

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Re: Topband digest, Vol 1 #331 - 3 msgs
From: dz@VOA.GOV (Richard Zwirko)
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 16:49:31 -0400 (EDT)
On July 8, 2002 Doug Waller <NX4D@comcast.net> wrote:
> Subject: Topband: ET3 by skin of teeth
>
> Paul is QRT for now, but what a summertime show he has put on for us!  Last
> night I was working on my PC's bios, saw it was 0255z, so connected vertical
> & had a copy for first time on ET3PMW thru local crashes.  The AL-1500
> seemed to take 10 minutes to warm up.  I got in the log at
> 0301z......probably his last contact.  At 58 yrs old, I had yet another "DX
> Rush", thanks to Top Band.

- - -

  I got that same rush minutes earlier when ET3PMW, in his last day
of 160 Meter operations, came back to my 100 Watts. He was 559 on the
vertical and gave me the same report.  It sure was nice to see K1HTV in
the list of calls that made it into the Paul's 160M log as listed on
Bill's (W4ZV) web site.

It was K1HTV Topband country #184 with low power. Many thanks to Paul
for his consistent efforts to put Ethiopia on the air for so many of
the deserving. It proves that persistence pays off!

73 de Rich - K1HTV
dz@voa.gov