Topband: Diversity receiving

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Diversity receiving
From: n1eu@hotmail.com (Barry N1EU)
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 12:39:54 -0400
There is no provision in the FT-1000 to tune the subreceiver with the main
tuning encoder, so there is nothing analogous to the FT-1000MP's ability in
this regard.  The previously mentioned modification to the FT-1000 would add
a switch so that the source of the encoder input to the subreceiver can be
selectable between the main tuning encoder (diversity) and the subreceiver
tuning encoder.  How the modifier wires that switch is entirely up to him.

Supposedly the stock Ten-Tec Orion will have this ability.

73,
Barry  N1EU