Topband: Beverage frustrations - corrosion of contacts

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Beverage frustrations - corrosion of contacts
From: Ulli" <ulli@planet.nl (Ulli)
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 10:02:57 +0200
Hi there,
About corrosion of the contact between the matching =
tranformers/resistors and your antenna wire:

- I can recommend to solder all connections with silver containing =
solder wire. This is more resistive against the climate outside and =
oxidation
- If you are really looking for perfect dry housing, use a housing with =
several athmosphere high overpressure. I mean the really high pressure =
in the enclosure will stop any building of moisture... then you can use =
N2-gas instead of simple air...
At least that is what Harris is doing with their commercial antenna =
couplers to ensure perfectly dry enclosure...

Ulli, PA5AT

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---