Topband: Beverage Frustrations

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Beverage Frustrations
From: jbattin@msn.com (jbattin)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 14:30:11 +0100
Regarding water in the box ... There is nothing  watertight short of a true
hermetic seal. When the temperature changes, a vacuum builds up inside the
box and it sucks in humid air, that humid air condenses and leaves water in
the box. You need to drill a weep hole in the bottom of the box to let water
out and let it breath.
You are overkilling the waterproofing of the resistors. I mount them on a
1"x7" piece of plastic .... drill holes in the ends of the plastic ... and
it becomes the insulator at the end of the termination wire. I have come to
using fuse clips for the resistors to make replacememt easy. When lightning
hits ... they are going to blow .
John K9DX