Topband: Question

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Question
From: mike.harris@horizon.co.fk (Michael Harris)
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 19:23:40 -0400
Hello,

I've been monitoring the list for a couple of weeks, also topband for a good
while longer on and off.

I regularly hear PY3CEJ and a few other SA stations but just lately I've
been hearing what sounds like an oriental language on 1827+/- USB 01:00 to
02:00 about RS 22, familiar with anyone?

I guess it is possibly we do have far eastern fishing vessels in the area
and up to about 500 km north but I would have thought they would be a little
stronger than S2.

Nothing special for a RX antenna here, just my 17 metre inverted V.  I'm
gathering the materials for a 160 metre shielded loop as in the ARRL
"Antenna Book".  RX here is an Elecraft K2.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO (IOTA SA-002)
GQRP 10148
K2 #1400