Topband: Low Band Propagation

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Low Band Propagation
From: zl3ix@inet.net.nz (Greg - ZL3IX)
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 19:29:29 +1200
I have just finished reading a recent publication by Bob, NM7M called "The
Big Gun's Guide to Low Band Propagation".  In view of the recent debate on
power coupling and other propagation mechanisms, I feel that this book would
make very interesting reading for all Topband enthusiasts, as it explains
the theory behind all aspects of propagation on that band.  It is the first
work that I know of, that gives a complete guide to the subject without
being diluted by aspects of propagation on other bands, and really does
represent the latest in both theoretical knowledge and experimental data.

While sufficient theory is given that a sound understanding can be obtained,
it is not so advanced that anyone who remembers their high school and early
college physics, won't be able to follow the thread.

It has certainly given me an insight into why good or bad conditions are so
difficult to predict, and I'm sure that anyone whose interest is deep enough
to subscribe to this Reflector would find it a very useful addition to their
Topband bookshelf - well done, Bob!

73, Greg, ZL3IX