Topband: Help for ET3PMW

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Help for ET3PMW
From: btippett@alum.mit.edu (Bill Tippett)
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 11:45:31 +0100
Hello Topbanders!

        Many of you remember Paul Wyse who has given many of us
new ones from 5X4F and 5Z4FO.  Paul is now at ET3PMW and should be
there until June.  He has just gotten a 260' dipole up, fed with
lamp cord (!) and is using 100 watts through a MFJ tuner.  He's heard
some USA and EU stations on 160 and I was able to work him on 80
last night.  Unfortunately his tuner started smoking near the end
of our QSO on 80 so he is off the air on 80/160 until he can get
it fixed.

        However, Dale N3BNA is going to Paul's place on May 19 and
will be there through the WPX CW contest May 25-26.  If anyone has
a small amplifier (SGC, FinnFET, AL-811 or ???) and/or tuner, Dale
could take it with him and return it when he returns from the
contest, or Paul could return it in June when his assignment is
over.

        I know many of you worked Rudi DK7PE from ET as 9F2CW in 1992
but I'm sure there is still plenty of demand for ET on the low bands.
If you can help with the loan of a small amp and/or tuner, please
contact Dale N3BNA directly at  dale.long@prodigy.net  and let's help
Paul put another African country on Topband!

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV