Topband: 160 meters in Southern California March 22, 2002

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160 meters in Southern California March 22, 2002
From: K6NR@ARRL.net (Dana Roode)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 23:18:52 -0800
Folks --

It may be commonplace to some, but I heard my first Eu stations on 160
meters yesterday and today.  Ea3vy was the first, but I could not copy him
very well - yesterday.  Today I heard G3JMJ better, and CT1FJK very well.
CT1FJK became my first 160m Eu QSO ever.  My station is located in the
Southern California high desert, at about 3300' elevation, about 50 miles
east of Los Angeles.  Im using a short 290' beverage, and a 40' high
inverted L for transmitt.  My location is pretty noisey, as there are houses
and power lines in the area.

Bottom line - conditions between EU and SoCal must have been very good
tonight.  I'll be listening again tomorrow.

  Dana, K6NR