Topband: VK9ML band planning

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: VK9ML band planning
From: btippett@alum.mit.edu (Bill Tippett)
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 19:48:10 +0000
K3NA wrote:

"I'm sharing this chart with you so that each of you knows what we
are up against on the reef.  North American 160m operators may want
to focus on working us BEFORE 1100z if propagation permits.  And if
we seem to disappear suddenly in the middle of a prime opening on
some band, it's probably because we need to cover another prime
opening on a different band that has been neglected."

        Eric forgot that attachments do not work with reflectors
so I'll try to interpret it for you.  First, for April 16 (approx
midpoint of the April 12-22 expedition, sunset is 0728 and sunrise
is 1946.  His chart shows propagation possible from VK9ML to NA/SA
from 07-10 UTC and NA only from 11-13 UTC.  It also shows propagation
to AF only at 15 UTC and AF/EU from 16-19 UTC.  If I read his chart
correctly, the station will be DEDICATED to NA/SA 08-10 UTC and
to EU/AF 16-19 UTC.  As he explains above, the station may be SHARED
with higher bands at times other than these.  I'm interpreting
chart times to be inclusive (08-10 UTC is actually 0800-1059 UTC).

        Please direct comments to Eric at eric@k3na.org and not me!

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV