Topband: Re: Topband digest, Vol 1 #209 - 9 msgs

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Re: Topband digest, Vol 1 #209 - 9 msgs
From: otterstad@enter.vg (Ragnar Otterstad)
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 11:53:11 +0000
I like to think my comments were constructive - not adverse !  hi

The days are becoming longer every day at this latitude and this morning TI9M
disappeared at 0632 after working G3X ....
1825 was a bad QRG here with some sort of beacon signals everywhere  in that
part of 160. Of course one signal was practically zero beat with TI9M !!
Murphy strikes again ! Hi

It could be very productive if somebody could suggest to the 160 m operator to
come on earlier than today, say 06 UTC so we can take advantage of the sunrise
peak.  TI9M is a real good signal only for abt 5-10 minutes and if he is not
making a special effort for EU we up here loose the opportunity.
Changing the frequency to 1833 would also be a big plus !

Tough life to be 160 m operator !  hi

73

Rag Otterstad    LA5HE also JW5HE OZ8RO
located in Telemark - home of skiing.

My antenna "farm" can be found on HTTP://no.photos.yahoo.com/la5he when you
click on  Radio.

Take a look at: http://WWW.visitTelemark.com