Topband: Digimodes

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Digimodes
From: gmguerin@voyager.net (George & Marijke Guerin)
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 22:16:28 +0000
Hi Tom, et. al.,
    Good points.  I also saw some guy from the next village west of Battle
Creek bitching in QST about CW contesters going all the way up to 7040 or
7060 and QRMing the rag chewers (and maybe the digital modes).
    On the other hand, many of the 40 meter digital hams apparently set
their signals on DX phone stations in the ARRL and CQWW phone contests where
they think they own the frequencies because their last Saturday's contacts
were on the same frequency and they don't want to have to find clear spots
inbetween the SSB signals.
    I guess the point is all of us have to be more forgiving and more
sensitive to others.  Less policemen make for cleaner operations.
    73    George    K8GG