Topband: Beverage grounds

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Beverage grounds
From: richard@karlquist.com (Richard Karlquist)
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 08:29:28 -0800
I have used both ground rods and radials and
both seem to work about the same, although I
haven't done a real A/B comparison.  However,
when I used radials, I typically would have
3 or 4 quarter-wave radials on each band, 160, 80,
and 40.  That is a bunch of wire!  I wouldn't
expect seven 10' radials to do a whole lot
on 160.

Rick Karlquist    N6RK
richard@karlquist.com
www.n6rk.com