Topband: "OUT OF BAND"

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: "OUT OF BAND"
From: magoo@isp.on.ca (Mr. Magoo)
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 07:55:12 -0500
I heard one station calling and calling in the SSB contest without
much success down around 1828. I did not work him but asked him if
he knew about the new band plan and suggested that he would have
much better luck above 1843.  About 15 minutes later I found that
station up in the 1860s working stations at a steady clip.

I suspect that quite a number of ops used frequencies below 1843 not
out of malice or disregard but out of ignorance of the new
bandplan.  With continued education and "gentle persuasion" this
problem will eventually go away.

Bill, VE3NH