Topband: 5R8FU last night

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 5R8FU last night
From: n4uk@mindspring.com (n4uk@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 08:39:49 -0500
        Well, I staked out a spot on 1834 around 0225Z waiting for Aki to show
up at his sunrise just like the e-mails from you guys said he would. Lo and
behold, someone starts CQing for USA at around 0230 with a weak signal on
1833.85. At first I catch only bits and pieces including "FU" and "R8" , then a
complete "CQ USA". I waited until I could hear his full call and know I could
hear my call and report. His signal was building by the second. I called him at
0234Z while he was a good 559 and he came right back with a "Hi Ken, 579, 579"
. His signal built up to a 579 before abruptly ending at 0240z.
Thanks to whoever posted the information about 5R8FU calling at his sunrise.
Nice to work a new one on topband!
73, Ken, N4UK