Topband: Let's try stuff

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Let's try stuff
From: gm3poi@btinternet.com (Clive GM3POI)
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 11:21:08 -0000
Steve VK6VZ Said
"That being said, for 95% of the time my inverted vee dipole at 90'
outperforms my Marconi-T with a 20m vertical section over a full density
1/8 wave earth screen - to the amazement/disbelief of many people on this
reflector.  IT WORKS FOR ME (but not necessarily for you)."
 Perhaps that should read that my Vertical with its Compromise ground system
does not work as well as an Inv Vee.  My results here with a short Vertical
51ft compared with a  Low (80ft) Inv Vee show the Inv Vee to be down 6-10db
on all signals other than within 200 Miles. However that short Vertical has
a near perfect  earth system under it with the shortest radials being 130ft
and most being over 210ft. I now keep the Inv Vee as a fall back Antenna.
73 Clive GM3POI