Topband: High Pass Filters

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: High Pass Filters
From: gmguerin@voyager.net (George & Marijke Guerin)
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 14:14:52 -0500
Hi All,
    The High Pass Filter shown in the 1985 ARRL Handbook, Page 30-22 works
very well.  It is similar to the filter posted by the ZL, but slightly
different.
    It uses T50-2 cores for the inductors, and the spacing of turns can be
adjusted to help nul local stations near the design frequency.  That really
helps if you have a local AM station or two nearby.
    I have the schematic and I have digital photos on my PC, if someone
wants the file(s).  They fit very easily in 2 x 2 x 4 inch miniboxes, and
can be crammed into 1.6 x 2 x 3 inch boxes as well.  Those we made use Radio
Shack perforated board stock to mount the components and used the component
leads on the back side of the perf-board to make the circuit connections.

    73        George        K8GG