Topband: Propagation Saturday night

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Propagation Saturday night
From: richard@karlquist.com (Richard Karlquist)
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 21:48:32 -0800
Saturday night propagation seemed to be outstanding.
Many east coast stations called me on phone.  Even
several Florida stations (FL is normally tough
even on CW from the west coast).  On CW, I could
hear many stations working EU even as far west as
AZ.  I couldn't hear a peep from any of the EU
stations.  I tried both the 30 degree and 90 degree
beverages.  Was there any opening to the west
coast from EU that night?  Is it possible for propagation
to abruptly stop in AZ?

Rick N6RK