Odp: Topband: newbie on 160

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Odp: Topband: newbie on 160
From: rtym@ippt.gov.pl (Ryszard Tymkiewicz)
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 07:39:00 +0100
> I was thinking about a K9AY loop but have read or heard that this antenna
> does not work well on 80 meters. I want good performance on this band also
> since I still need a few to complete my 5BDXCC.
> Dan W0VD

Dan
I'm using K9AY on 80 and 160m, on both bands /at least in my case/ its
working very well. The "null" on 160m is slightly "bigger" but anyway on 80m
almost always K9AY is much better than my transmitting antenna -Half Sloper
and Delta Loop. My garden is only 100X100 feet.

              73 GL
                  Rys
                SP5EWY
               rtym@ippt.gov.pl