Topband: Beverage above fenceline?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Beverage above fenceline?
From: n9en@voyager.net (N9EN@VOYAGER.NET)
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 07:04:20 -0600
Hello Topbanders!

I live in a suburban-type subdivision and have a lot that has
"working dimensions" of about 300' x 300' (91m x 91m).
Directly behind me is a county forest preserve. A couple
of years ago, I ran a wire for a Beverage antenna through
the trees in the forest preserve. The wire ran east-west.
Sometimes it received much better than my delta loop,
which I use for both xmit & rcv. Sometimes it did not. The
wire was "discovered" by the authorities and I was asked
to take it down. This summer, I tried getting permission
from the forest preserve officials to be able to run a wire
through the trees after the forest preserve closed for the
season. I finally got an answer from them, after waiting
for return phone calls, etc. The answer was "no."

There is a fenceline that separates the forest preserve from
my land and my neighbor's land. I talked to my neighbor
about running a wire above the fenceline and he told me
that he would have no problem with me doing that.

 I have some lengths of 1/2" and 3/4" rigid steel conduit which I would lash to
the fence posts and would use them to support the wire. I would also have to
trim a lot of tree branches. The fenceline probably runs about 1200' in length
in an east - west direction.

If anyone has had experience with putting a Beverage
above a fenceline, I would very much appreciate hearing
from them. Thank you very much!

73, Brad, N9EN

E-Mail: N9EN@VOYAGER.NET