Topband: Conditions to Europe

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Conditions to Europe
From: bgkurz@epix.net (Kurzenknabe, Barbara and Glenn)
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 07:00:16 -0500
Hello 160 buffs!
I woke up after a few hours sleep and came into the shack at about 0600Z
on January 17th.
I was shocked to hear 9A2AJ booming as this was the first decent signal
I have heard out of Europe all year!  I worked him plus 12 other
stations ending with G3PQA at 0709Z as he was going away.  Signals were
all very good with many over S9.  I noticed that sometimes the Africa
EWE heard better (signal strength) than the European Pennant, however
the Pennant was always better as far as noise was concerned. The
inverted L transmit antenna was always very noisy.  No new countries,
but still glad I couldn't sleep!  DF2PY was 30 over at times, although I
didn't have a QSO with him.  He was always in QSO as I tuned around.
I hope the conditions repeat themselves soon!
73
Glenn, K3SWZ
Near Harrisburg, PA