Topband: LY7Z in The Stew Perry TopBand DX Challenge

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: LY7Z in The Stew Perry TopBand DX Challenge
From: frenaye@pcnet.com (Tom Frenaye)
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 17:09:35 -0500
I think you're all going off the deep end.    The exchange is no secret for any
station, it's based on their QTH.   Note that my exchange in the ARRL DX
contest is my state - and is located at the end of every message I send.
While grid squares are not as easy to look up, I would suggest that they are
not worth complaining about on here.   Talking about disqualification is
nonsense.  Just get on the air, enjoy the contest, copy the exchange.

                -- Tom

At 12:07 AM 12/29/2001 +0300, Vlad Sidorov wrote:
>Hello, John and Topbanders!
>John, 100% agree with You. This absolutelly imposible to send
>personal exchanging number in any reflector, even after contest, when we
>usually send our results it's not correctly, but before...
>I think he must be disqualification...!
>See You all tomorrow evening...
>
>73! Vlad Sidorov, RV1CC
>http://www.qsl.net/rv1cc
>     ICQ#115912335
>

>> I am sorry, but I think this is rather unfair. What is the prupose of us
>> having to copy the other guy's locator if you publish it beforehand on the
>> reflector.
>> In my opeinion this results is disualification..?? Or shal we all publish
>> our locators? What say ??
>> 73
>>
>> John, ON4UN

e-mail: frenaye@pcnet.com    YCCC --> http://www.yccc.org/
Tom Frenaye, K1KI, P O Box J, West Suffield CT 06093 Phone: 860-668-5444