Topband: Merry Christmas!

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Merry Christmas!
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 09:13:25 -0500
At 11:25 PM 12/24/01 -0600, Dick wrote:
>FWIW, I'll offer my endorsement of Mailwasher.  I've been using this
>program for a few months now and really like it to preview my email,
>even read it before downloading, and dumping what I don't want to save,
>not to mention the bounce feature.   With all the possibilities of our
>computers picking up something not so nice, I think this program is an
>absolute must.

Hate to be a discordant voice, but I have found it crashes 'way too often,
and doesn't coexist at all well with my McAfee VirusScan.  Guess I'm back
to scanning for spam the old way, which is too bad, because I would love to
have sent back a spurious bounce message to each and every one.  On the
other hand, since the return addresses of most spam are faked anyhow, that
probably doesn't matter.

73, Pete N4ZR

The revised World Contest
Station Database