Topband: "Noise zone"

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: "Noise zone"
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 09:00:51 -0500
> man. I emailed the other day and he mentioned something I never heard
> or read anywhere that a "noise zone" exists 10 to 15 ft above the
> ground and if I cant put up a Beverage a small loop place no higher
> than 5 ft would be best - but to avoid the noise zone..

Noise is just like any other electromagnetic signal, except it is
generated by unintentional "transmitters" and radiated by
unintentional "antennas". It doesn't hug the earth any more than
our intentional signals do!

The only thing that really matters is how far away from the noise
source you place the receiving antenna, and the pattern of the
receiving antenna.
73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com