Topband: ICE 403 filter

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: ICE 403 filter
From: rudys@ordata.com (Rudy Severns)
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 09:52:29 -0700
Hello,

    I haven't even looked at the 403 so it is hard for me to comment
intelligently.  I should get one and run a transfer function for myself.

    The filters may or may not cascade usefully, would have to check each
case out individually.  You might need to place a termination between
filters, hard to say without actually having the units.

    For BC signals above 1.5 MHz you might add a shunt trap tuned just for
that signal.  Again you have to be a bit careful how it interacts with the
filter.

    I guess I am lucky in having only 60-80 mV of BC signal and that lower
in the BC band.  Will stop whining!

73, Rudy N6LF