Topband: re : CQWW SSB & Our Continuing Bandplan Discussions....

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: re : CQWW SSB & Our Continuing Bandplan Discussions....
From: w2fca@qsl.net (Frank Ayers)
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 11:27:45 -0700
>>One simple answer might be that ARRL and CQ magazine
>>indicate in their SSB contest rules that penalties
>>will be assessed for US participants that use SSB
>>below 1843 kHz during the contest(s).
>

>Education and patience seem to be the best two tools
>to use for the next few months that have been suggested.
>It will take BOTH ...
>73 Billy AA4NU

One of the troubles with relying on the rules for a contest only
is that there are a lot of people in contests operating casually
who might not even send in a log. If somebody is operating a
DX contest only to pick up new countries for DXCC, having a SSB
contact on 1837 not count for the contest matters very little.

Frank
W2FCA