Topband: Rohn 25 1/4wl vertical

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Rohn 25 1/4wl vertical
From: n4uk@mindspring.com (n4uk@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 10:51:17 -0400
       I am curious to hear from anyone who has a Rohn 24/45 base insulated
1/4wl 160m vertical on the air. How does it compare to previous antennas you
had for 160m? The last 60 of the 120 ft will be going up on mine this weekend
and I'd like to know if there is anything in the way of tuning, radials, etc.
that I should know about that will save me some time this weekend. I'm hoping
to have the thing on the air by sometime Sunday or even Saturday night! I'll be
able to compare it to my shunt fed 70 ft tower so I have lots of fun in store
for the next couple of weeks. If you hear me on topband this weekend gimme a
shout and we'll make some antenna comparisons between the two. 73, Ken, N4UK
Gray Court, S.C.