Topband: EU Condx fto Wyo 25 Sept 2001

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: EU Condx fto Wyo 25 Sept 2001
From: Dinsterdog@aol.com (Dinsterdog@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 15:57:15 EDT
EU returns to W7:

I was able to work DF2PY from Wyoming at 05:01Z on 1.834.4MHz last night with
his signal report a solid 559 for a few brief minutes then back into the
noise as we gave a few reports back and forth- Was nice to finally work a EU
station after 2 years of miserable condx, short of few good nights when I was
typically in bed vs being at the radio-

I think for around 10-15 minutes last night, just before 05:00z, I could have
worked a few more EU's along DF2PY's grayline if they were on- When I first
heard Wolfe, I thought it was a east coast station working him- thats how
loud he was- but it was short lived-

Other DX worked so far early into the low band season have included VK6HD on
15 Sept with a 599 signal at 12:34, around our sunrise, and K3J who was
booming in here their last two evenings at around 10:00Z 18 and 19 Sept 01
but was a tough pile up due to their QRN, and  TG0R 22 Sept around 0700z
who's signal was never much out of the noise.  If I didnt have a clear frq to
call him for twenty minutes, I doubt if we would of made a successful
contact- Have heard a few JA's in their new window a couple of times already
this month but too lazy to work with all the fun Pacific DXpeditions on 80
meters this month.  Big lesson this month: snooze you loose- -

Have not noticed any skewed paths on any 160 DX heard thus far this season
except for VK6HD who seemed a bit louder when I worked him 15 Sept 01 at
around 12:34Z (our sunrise) on the JA vs VK beverage antenna but it was
varying back and forth during his peak and finally ended up louder on the SW
(VK) beverage a few minutes past our sunrise-

Any DX wanting to sked for a QSO, please let me know....I am very interested
in Grayline to Grayline skeds-

GL 73

Paul  N0AH