Topband: RE: skewed paths

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: RE: skewed paths
From: ford@cmgate.com (Ford Peterson)
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 22:29:45 -0500
I was always under the impression that the skewed paths were actually a
backscatter situation.  What appears to be skewing is just a skip point out
at sea, etc., along a path of good propagation.  What you hear is actually
backscatter from that point, which appears SE, etc.

The proof would be if it is a bi-directional path.  The odds that you can
induce backscatter backwards has got to be about nil.  I think Tom is using
beverages to report reception direction.  Tom, have you got a 4 square as
well to check the reverse path?

Ford-N0FP
ford@cmgate.com