Topband: Caribbean Tour 2001 - Results

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Caribbean Tour 2001 - Results
From: pa5et@muurkrant.com (Rob Snieder)
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 15:15:28 +0200
We hope you enjoyed 4 weeks radio activity from J3 & J8 like we did. We
logged 25.825 QSO's from Carriacou (J3) and 24.323 QSO's from Bequia (J8) in
CW, SSB, RTTY and PSK31 from 160-10 meters. Our goal was to make 50.000
QSO's which has just been met. The 2 stations have been active around the
clock, which has been a touch job for only 4 operators. The PacketClusters
worldwide have been making overtime. The Tour web site is still alive
(www.qsl.net/lldxt) and contains pictures, real audio files, statistics,
on-line logs and many more. We would appreciate if you sign the guestbook
and let us know how you experienced this year tour, we can always learn from
your comments. We experienced that we need to improve our reception on the
Topband, it has been better than previous years but it's still not good
enough, this will be high on the Agenda for next year. Just to let you know,
the Dutch postal rates are increased since July 1st, if you are sending
multiple QSL's $2 is required to cover the costs. See you next year from . .
.

Bouke J3/J8/PA0ZH, Ronald J3/J8/PA3EWP, Rob J3/J8/PA5ET, Dennis J3/J8/PA7FM
,  and by the whole team J38PA and J8PA.