Topband: Antennas

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Antennas
From: w8ik@subich.com (Joe Subich, K4IK)
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 10:41:24 -0400
The only "problem" is that most guyed towers are guyed at less than
45 degrees (100% guying).  As I recall, without running the models,
the problems get rapidly worse as the angle drops below 45 degrees.

The angle for the Rohn recommended 80% solution is about 38% and
a 60% ("short guyed") solution is down to 30 degrees.

73,

  ... Joe, K4IK