Topband: 1/4 sloper responses

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 1/4 sloper responses
From: sire@iinet.net.au (Steve Ireland)
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 09:17:34 +0800
At 10:10 AM 22/08/2001 EDT, you wrote:

G'day Paul and all,

Insulating your guys is no big deal and is going to both enable you to
shunt fed the tower and should improve the performance of any vertically
polarised antenna you hang off it for 160m.

I have recently done this to my own set-up here -  used large porcelain
electric fence insulators and s/steel rope grips to insulate the guys at
the top and bottom and break them up every 25' or so.  One snag is that you
have to have some spare wire on the end of each guy to make up for the
breaks/amounts of guy wire taken up by using the rope grips/insulators.

Incidentally, I am off the air for a while here - had some vandalism on the
tower.  Back on by the equinox, I hope.

Vy 73

Steve, VK6VZ