Topband: Terminating System for Beverages

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Terminating System for Beverages
From: btippett@alum.mit.edu (Bill Tippett)
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 13:44:05 +0100
K4OAQ wrote:

>is there any problem
>with several beverages "sharing" the same "ground system", i.e., a single
>capacitor and 10ft length of RG-62, at the feed point end?

        One thing I've done both when I was in Colorado and from my present
location is to use a single ground and matching transformer at the feedpoint
but switch Beverage wires on the output of the transformer.  Unused Beverages
are left floating but grounded through their termination resistor at the far
end.  The directivity (F/B and F/S) of the Beverage in use does not appear
to be degraded by the other floating wires but I have never tried a side-by-
side comparison with another Beverage.  Results in contests from both Colorado
and here seem to indicate the system works OK.

                                                        73,  Bill  W4ZV