Topband: Topband Reflector Guidelines

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Topband Reflector Guidelines
From: btippett@alum.mit.edu (Bill Tippett)
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 15:03:27 +0100
Gentlemen:

        I've slightly modified our guidelines to reflect some changes due
to the new Mailman software...specifically note the third paragraph below.
Thanks for your help in keeping the S/N ratio of this list high!

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV

This list is intended for the exchange of information on 160-related topics
ONLY.  Our goal is to keep 160 information content high and noise low.  Do
not post questions about general topics like equipment wanted/for sale,
E-mail addresses needed, etc.  Occasional problem 160 QSL requests are OK
but use this reflector ONLY as a last resort after trying the usual sources.
Feel free to post 160-related questions, but request responses directly and
then summarize them in a followup post.

DO NOT USE THIS REFLECTOR TO POST COMPLAINTS, CRITICISMS, GRIPES, ATTACKS,
ETC.  VIOLATORS OF THIS POLICY WILL BE REMOVED IMMEDIATELY WITHOUT NOTICE.

Be considerate of other subscribers who have bandwidth limitations and edit
posts for succinctness (include ONLY relevant excerpts of previous
posts...top-posting to full previous messages will be bounced...also please
turn off any HTML generators when posting since HTML attachments will also
be bounced).  When responding to a specific individual, think carefully
before copying to the other 800 of us on reflector.

Minimize noise, minimize bandwidth, maximize 160 information, act like
gentlemen and enjoy!