Topband: TA2BK (SILENT KEY)

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: TA2BK (SILENT KEY)
From: ta3j@yahoo.com (Berkin AYDOGMUS)
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 05:22:48 -0700 (PDT)
BAHRI KACAN, TA2BK (SILENT KEY)

Turkish radio amateurs lost one of their most important member (Bahri KACAN,
TA2BK) tonight. He passed away because of heart attack. He had given the
biggest support for the development of HAM RADIO in TURKEY.

We will miss him.

Nilay Mine AYDOGMUS (TA3YJ) &  Berkin AYDOGMUS (TA3J)

P.S.  Very sad news indeed!  I had previously gotten a post from David VK3EW
but wanted confirmation before posting, so I contacted TA3D, TA3DD and TA3J
directly.  Unfortunately it is true, and we all lost a good friend.  I've
known Bahri for >20 years, worked him for my first TA on Topband and met him
in Friedrichshafen in 1997.  May God bless Bahri's soul and his family at this
sad time.  de W4ZV