Topband: Power lines

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Power lines
From: tombaugh@discoverynet.com (tombaugh)
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 11:20:15 -0500
Top Banders,

I spent several hours out in the 100 degree heat this weekend measuring =
my lot.. checking angles, etc.
I have the following question... What (how much) effect will a buried =
power line (220V I assume) running parallel with a beverage have on the =
beverage? Would and unterminate or terminated beverage be best at this =
location? I have asked a couple guys and got a couple answers. I'm sure =
there are variable at work here including things like how deep is the =
line buried? What's the makeup of the soil? but in general... should I =
go ahead and place the beverage there or spend several hundred dollars =
on the coax needed to run the beverage from the other side of the =
property?

Thanks Guys
Tom Baugh
AE9B