Topband: 160 vertical, radials and beverages

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160 vertical, radials and beverages
From: dwilborg@bit-net.com (Dick Wilborg)
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 09:05:38 -0400
Interesting idea Bill! But not being an "expert" in this field, I might be
concerned with the size (wattage) of the Beverage termination resistor
values! Although many of us may run our Beverages near our transmitting
verticals, I don't think I would like to subject the terminators to that
much direct RF. Also, normally radials are simply left unterminated.
I would want to think about more about that idea!
The switching sounds like it might be subject to lightning induced failures
also.

Any other comments?

73s,  Dick, W1ZC