Topband: re:hytower

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: re:hytower
From: w8ji@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 20:26:35 -0400
> requirements for free-standing towers.  This type of tower is used in
> making the Hy-Tower. Unless MFJ/Hy-Gain has a large inventory of BX tower
> or changes to using a different type of tower sections, the Hy-Tower
> should be fading from the new antenna market...
>
> 73,  Bill     K0HA

Hy-Gain (after the move) still has all the original tooling and parts
except for the tower, and MFJ has decided they should look into
substituting an aluminum tower from one of the aluminum tower
companies for the BX tower.

Knowing how fast this goes, I suspect it might be over a year
away. The Hy-Tower was a low sales volume item, although I
personally think it was one of the better all-band verticals.

73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com