Topband: London Digital Signal

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: London Digital Signal
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 20:52:21 -0400
The digital transmission from London on 1851 has been anywhere
from modest to booming for a week now at sunset (0000Z), then it
gradually disappears.

I understand that is only a 100 watt transmitter to a resistor loaded
antenna, so the band must be good. There is usually no DX on, so
I assume everyone is QRT at that hour.

There is also a digital signal on 1803.7 that is due east of me at
sunset. VK3ZL reports he hears it at his sunrise. I assume it is
somewhere west or northwest of VK, and east of the SE USA.
Does anyone know where that transmitter is?

73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com